Dinner is just a short while away. You're serving soup, but you don't have a loaf of bread to pair it with. That's when you pull out this recipe for Easy Honey Multigrain Skillet Bread.
|Easy Honey Multigrain Skillet Bread|
Easy Honey Multigrain Skillet Bread
Need a loaf of bread in a short time, this rustic loaf will do the trick.
- 1 c Joseph's Grainery Hard Red Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 c Joseph's Grainery Barley Flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 2 Tbs honey
- 1 Tbs molases
- 1 Tbs brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/4 c buttermilk - need a buttermilk substitute
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Prepare your cast iron skillet by spraying it will cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients except the buttermilk and stir. Add one cup of the buttermilk and stir to combine. The dough should be shaggy and loose, if it's too stiff, add the remaining buttermilk.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Lower the temperature to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 10 minutes. If needed, rotate the skillet when you lower the oven temperature.
- Remove from skillet to a wire rack to cool.