It was Little Joe's turn to bring snacks to school again, and he always requests that we make cookies to take. Well, it's supposed to be a healthy snack, so we got a little creative and made these whole wheat cookies with fresh fruit. That's definitely more than halfway healthy, right?
The sweet burst of the berry's juice when you bite into these cookies is a fun surprise. It's an easy way to get a little bit more fruit into your family's diet.
Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffin Cookies
- 4 - 4 1/2 c Joseph's Grainery Stone Ground Soft White Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 c sugar
- 1 1/4 c yogurt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 c fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl whisk together sugar, yogurt, egg, lemon zest and juice, and vanilla until fully combined. Add the flour mixture to the yogurt mixture and stir until little to no lumps remain. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Grease two baking sheets with cooking spray and drop tablespoon sized dollops of batter about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges barely begin to brown. Carefully transfer cookies onto a cooling rack.