|Joseph's Grainery Multigrain Pancakes smothered with a nut cream and fruit compote.|
Multigrain Pancakes with Fruit Compote
What an amazing way to start your day...multigrain pancakes and wonderful fruit and nut flavors.
- 5-6 pieces of fruit (apples, pears, etc)
- 2 c of dried fruit (raisins, figs, peaches, etc)
- 2 c apple sauce
- cinnamon to taste
- 3 1/2 c walnuts
- 1/2 c maple syrup
- 1/4 c water
- 2 Tbs cocoa powder (optional, but we like it!)
- Cut up the fruit in big chunks and put in a sauce pan. Add the dried fruit and apple sauce. Bring to a boil. Simmer until the mixture starts to break down, about 20 minutes. Serve warm from the stove or store in fridge for 1-2 weeks.
- Place walnuts in a blender with the maple syrup and water. Blend for 2 minutes until smooth. Try to add as little water as possible to keep it thick, unless you want it more like a sauce. Store in fridge. We've also been putting this on our toasted artisan bread, and oh, it's good!