|Whole Wheat Tortillas served up as Grilled Apple & Brie Quesadillas with an Apple Compote|
Apple & Brie Quesadillas
Apples & Brie take your taste buds on an unexpected twist for an anything but typical quesadilla!
- 1 c Joseph's Grainery Hard Red Whole Wheat Bread Flour
- 1 c Joseph's Grainery Barley Flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 Tbs olive oil
- 2/3 c water
- 1/2 lb brie cheese, cut into thin strips
- 2 apples, sliced thin
- 1- 8 oz jar of strawberry jam
- 1/4 c applesauce
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- Whisk together the dry ingredients, make a well in the center for the liquids. Using a fork stir in the liquids, keep stirring until a ball of dough forms, then use your hands to knead the dough a few times. Divide the dough into 8-10 small balls.
- Heat your cast iron skillet on medium-high. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the small balls until the dough is no more than 1/8 inch thick. Cook on each side for 30-40 seconds.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium heat. Prep the pan with cooking spray before cooking the first quesadilla. Place a layer of cheese on the tortilla and then layer the apples and top with another tortilla. Place on the grill pan for and cook for about 3 minutes on each side.
- For the compote, add the jam, applesauce and cinnamon to a medium sized microwave safe bowl and cook on high for 1 minute.
We found the recipe for the quesadillas and compote on FoodNetwork.com and thought it was a perfect way to use up the brie the neighbor had shared with us!