A yummy spice cookie.
- 2/3 c Joseph's Grainery Lentils
- 2 c water
- 2 c Joseph's Grainery Soft White Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 c sugar
- 3/4 c unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 c oatmeal
- 1 c dried fruit (we used craisins)
- 1 c shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small pot, over medium heat, bring the water to boil. Add lentils and return to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until lentils are tender (approx 30 minutes). Place in a food processor and puree.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cream together the sugar and butter at medium spead. Mix in the vanilla and lentil puree. Add the flour mixture and continue to mix on slow speed until combined. Fold in the oats, dried fruit and coconut by hand.
- Form dough into small balls, place on cookie sheet, leaving about an inch between. Bake 15 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Alton Brown's Lentil Cookie Recipe on foodnetwork.com