These Banana Crunch Muffins that MaMa made with Barley Flour didn't last long at all. Us boys had them down the hatch before you could spell b-a-n-a-n-a-s. As usual, MaMa didn't mind because she knew we were getting a good dose of whole grains.
Banana Crunch Muffins
Yummy snack or quick breakfast bite!
- 1 1/2 c Joseph's Grainery Barley Flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 c butter, melted
- 2 Tbs all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1/3 c packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place 12 muffin liners in muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ingredients for the crumb until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.