I just have to say, my MaMa makes the best cookies (yes, I really told her that). I didn't understand why she kept letting me have cookies all afternoon. She let me in on her little secret after I professed my love of her cookie creations...she snuck in Lentil Flour to make these delicious chocolate chip cookies. Yep, these cookies pack a punch of powerful protein and your kids will be none the wiser. I'm a cookie connoisseur and would've never known my MaMa was up to something. Try these, the kids in your life will thank you!
Chocolate Chip Cookies with Lentil Flour
adapted from The Picky Eater
A super stealth way to make your kids cookies a whole lot healthier!
Ingredients (about 5 dozen)
- 1 c Joseph's Grainery Soft White Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 c Joseph's Grainery Lentil Flour
- 1 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 c butter, softened
- 3/4 c granulated sugar
- 3/4 c packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 3/4 c chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flours, salt and baking soda in a small bowl.
- Beat butter, sugars and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs and syrup, beating well.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake 9 – 11 minutes or until brown.