Everybody loves a good, yummy snack that's healthy too and this Roasted Pepper Hummus is just that. Here's a quick (minus soaking the garbanzo beans for 24 hours) recipe that you won't want to miss.
Roasted Pepper Hummus
A tasty and healthy treat for the whole family.
- 2 c Joseph's Grainery Garbanzo Beans, soaked for 24 hours
- ¼ c sesame seeds
- 3 peppers - red, yellow and/or orange (or an 8 ounce jar of fire roasted peppers, drained)
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- ¼ c lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Place the peppers on a rimmed baking sheet and put in the oven on broil. Turn the peppers with tongs often, until they are blistered all over, about 8 minutes.
- Remove the peppers from the oven, place them in a glass or metal bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let sit until the peppers are cool enough to handle.
- Remove the skin of the pepper, then cut away the stem, ribs and toss the seeds.
- Combine all ingredients into your blender or food processor in the above order. Continue blending until completely smooth. If you feel that the hummus is too thick, you can add 1 tablespoon of water at a time until desired consistency is reached.