One of the most major sporting events of the year is drawing near....yes, the Super Bowl! MaMa and I thought we'd share a crunchy, healthy snack alternative for your game day party. These little legumes roast up for a spicy crunch that's sure to treat the taste buds.
Spicy Roasted Garbanzo Beans
adapted from The Culinary Chronicles
The perfect spicy crunch!
- 1 c Joseph's Grainery Garbanzo Beans, soaked for 24 hours.
- ¼ tsp coriander
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp cayenne powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Dry off the garbanzo beans well before baking them. Extra moisture won’t produce a crispy product.
- On a large baking sheet, toss garbanzo beans with olive oil and spices.
- Roast beans for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes until they are crisp.