|Huckleberry Honey Scones|
Huckleberry Honey Scones
A delicious way to enjoy huckleberries first thing in the morning.
- 1 c Joseph's Grainery Soft White Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 + 1/2 c all purpose flour, divided
- 3/4 c huckleberries
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 6 Tbs butter, cut into cubes and cold
- 1/4 c honey
- 3/4 c buttermilk
- 1 egg
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a small bowl, add 1/2 cup of the all purpose flour to huckleberries; set aside. In another larger bowl, mix the flours with baking powder. Cut in butter until pea-sized pieces form.
- Beat together honey, buttermilk and egg. Add to dry ingredients. Gently stir in huckleberries.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface and knead a few times, dusting with more flour, if needed. Form into ball, then roll out to 10-inch circle, about 1 inch thick. Cut into 8 sections. Place on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for about 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
|Yes, I'll be your huckleberry if I can have one of those scones!|