We had such a good response to the post for the Gluten Free Chocolate Cake in a Mug, that we thought we'd share another Gluten Free/Lentil Flour recipe with you!
While they don't look exactly the same as the Whole Wheat Cheese Enchiladas, these Gluten Free Cheese Enchiladas don't miss a beat when it comes to the taste. My Dad says he wouldn't be able to tell them apart in a blind taste test. Now that's pretty good!
Gluten Free Cheese Enchiladas
A great gluten free dinner idea.
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp Joseph's Grainery Lentil Flour
- 1 c chicken stock
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp corriander
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Salt &Pepper to taste
- 1 can chili (with no beans) - but if you look closely you'll see we accidently used chili with beans...no biggie.
- 1 can red mild enchilada sauce
- 8 or so corn tortillas
- 2 c cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 c monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 can mild green chiles, diced
- Sour cream
- Sliced olives
- Chopped red onion
- Chopped tomato
- Chopped scallions
- In a large skillet heat butter over medium high heat and whisk in your flour to create a light golden roux. Add in your chicken stock, spices and salt and pepper. Let this bubble a bit until it’s thickened up a bit and then add in your chili and half of the enchilada sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes or so and get your tortillas ready.
- Microwave each tortilla for about 20 seconds.
- Pour a few ladles of your sauce into the bottom of a baking dish. Dip the tortilla in the sauce mix and then fill the tortillas with a combo of the cheddar and jack cheese, onions and chiles. Roll the tortilla up and place in the dish. Continue to fill the remaining tortillas until your dish is full.
- Ladle more of your chili sauce mixture over the top of your enchiladas then top with the remaining enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with more cheese and bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes. Serve.
Thanks again to Alex at Ma What's For Dinner for sharing the original recipe! You can tell we like it by the fact that we made it twice in the same week!