|Whole Wheat Bread Sticks|
Whole Wheat Bread Sticks
Your new favorite breadstick recipe!
- 1 Tbs yeast
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 1 1/2 c warm water
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 c Joseph's Grainery Hard Red Whole Wheat Bread Flour
- 1/2 c Joseph's Grainery Barley Flour
- 1 stick butter, melted
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Granulated garlic or garlic powder
- Rosemary or parsley, dried
- Salad Supreme (optional)
- Mix the yeast, sugar and warm water. Add the salt and flour and knead for 5 minutes, we used our mixer and the dough hook. Spray Pam into your bowl, then place the dough into the bowl and spray with more Pam. Cover and let rise until double, about 1 hour.
- Place the melted butter in a 9x13 inch baking pan. Lightly flour your counter and roll out the dough into a rectangle of about 15x20 inches. Use a pizza cutter to cut it into 12 strips about 1 1/4 inch wide. Take one strip at a time and dip both sides into the butter. Then fold the dough strip in half and twist it. Place the breadsticks in the pan, moving them aside as needed to continue dipping the dough in the remaining butter. If you need more room, spray a second 9x13 and place the twisted bread sticks in it.
- Sprinkle breadsticks with seasonings and cheese. Bake at 400 for 18 minutes.
|Fresh out of the oven - the best way to experience them!|
MaMa served them up with a marinara sauce and ranch dressing for a little dipping pleasure.