This is one of MaMa's favorite things to make for lunch or a quick dinner. She usually makes it with miniature bow-tie pasta, but she was all of out it when she made it for this photo. It's a great blend of flavors and tastes pretty gourmet consider how quickly she can throw it together.
Wheat Berry Pasta Salad
A quick, easy and delicious way to incorporate Hard Red Wheat Berries into your diet.
- 1/2 lb of a small pasta - miniature bow ties, macaroni, etc
- 1 c walnuts, chopped
- 2/3 c craisins
- 1 Tbsp olive oil + 1/4 c olive oil
- 1/2 c Joseph's Grainery Hard Red Wheat, cooked
- 1 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- feta cheese to sprinkle
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Strain and set aside.
- In the same pot, pour 1 Tbsp olive oil and saute the walnuts and the wheat berries for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Then add back the pasta and the remaining ingredients, tossing to make sure the oil coats.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese and serve.