|Lentil and Sausage Soup is perfect on a cool day!|
Lentil and Sausage Soup
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4+ cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb mild Italian pork sausage
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 c Joseph's Grainery Lentils, rinsed
- 8 to 10 c beef broth
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 c fresh spinach
- 2 tsp rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute onion in olive oil for several minutes in a big soup pot.
- Add sausage and garlic and saute until sausage is browned.
- Add carrots and saute for several more minutes. Then add lentils and saute briefly.
- Add broth, tomatoes, paste and seasoning and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 45 minutes.
- With about 10 minutes remaining, add the spinach and continue to let simmer.
- If it becomes to thick, add more broth or water.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese.
I know you'll love this soup as much as we do! Tomorrow we'll share a great biscuit recipe that makes the perfect pairing for this soup.