|A tropical version of breakfast-on-the-go|
A tropical twist to mix-ins for a whole grain breakfast cereal.
- 1 pint canning jar
- 1/4 c old fashioned oats
- 1/4 c Joseph's Grainery Cracked Wheat Cereal or 1/4 c Joseph's Grainery Instant Multigrain Mush
- 1/8 c coconut flakes
- 1/2 c pineapple chunks
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp honey
- boiling water, enough to achieve desired consistency
- Layer all of the ingredients into the jar, except for the water.
- Secure a lid and store in the fridge for up to a week.
- When ready to enjoy, add enough boiling water to achieve your desired consistency. Stir and replace the lid. Let sit for 5 minutes before eating.
You can use either Joseph's Grainery Cracked Wheat Cereal or Instant Multigrain Mush in this recipe. Using the Cracked Wheat Cereal will give you a cereal with more texture, while the Instant Multigrain Mush will give you a creamier mixture. Give both a try and let us know which way you like yours better!