|Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls made with Joseph's Grainery Flour|
We're not exaggerating! If you're looking for a 100% Whole Wheat Dinner Roll recipe, look no further. These are moist, have great flavor and they're light and fluffy to boot. Does it get any better than that? If you're in charge of the rolls for your Thanksgiving dinner (like we are), then you will definitely want to be taking these Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls.
100% Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls
recipe adapted from An Oregon Cottage
The most amazing whole wheat dinner roll you've ever had!
- 2 Tbs dry yeast
- 1/2 c warm water
- 1/2 c butter, softened
- 1/4 c honey
- 3 eggs
- 1 c buttermilk or milk
- 4 1/2 to 5 c Joseph's Grainery Hard Red Whole Wheat Bread Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm water. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and honey in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Add the eggs and mix, scraping the sides. Add the milk and yeast mixture.
- Add 4-1/2 cups of flour and the salt, mixing until combined. Change to dough hook and knead for 2-3 minutes only, just until no longer tacky, adding a tablespoon or two of flour, if needed.
- Let sit in bowl, covered, to rise for one hour. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead a couple of times, then let rest 3 minutes.
- Divide into 24 equal pieces, shaping each into a ball and placing in a buttered 13×9-inch baking dish with the pieces touching.
- Let rise, covered for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.