|Whole Wheat Cheese Bread|
Whole Wheat Cheese Bread
inspired by Coconut Robot
A super easy method for a cheesey whole wheat bread.
- 3 c Joseph's Grainery Hard Red Whole Wheat Bread Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp yeast
- 1 1/2 c water
- 1 c shredded cheese - we used freshly shredded cheddar and parmesan
- Grab a bowl and mix all the ingredients–except the cheese-together with a spatula. Cover with plastic wrap and place in a corner on your counter.
- Let that sit at room temperature for at least 12 hours. Turn your oven to 450°F and place a covered dish that can withstand the heat inside.
- While the oven is warming up getting ridiculously hot–with your dish inside–dump 1/3 cup of flour on a flat service. Pull out the dough from the bowl and shape into a ball-ish shape–folding the shredded cheese.
- Place the dough back into the bowl and let it sit until your timer goes off.
- Remove the hot dish from the oven–carefully!–and plop the dough into the hot dish.
- Place the dish back in the oven for 30 minutes with the cover on, then remove the cover and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing bread from the dish.