|Whole Wheat Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars - the perfect Fall treat.|
Whole Wheat Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars
A perfect treat for Fall!
- 1 c Joseph's Grainery Soft White Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 c all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 c (2 sticks) butter
- 1 1/4 c sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 c canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 c chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 13x 9" pan with foil.
- Whisk together the flour, spices, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until smooth and fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla and beat until well combined, scraping down the bowl as needed. Beat in the pumpkin.
- On low speed, slowly add in the flour mixture, mixing just until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.