|Lemon Blueberry Whole Wheat Muffin with a Lemony Glaze|
I can't wait for breakfast tomorrow...especially after MaMa let me try one of these Lemon Blueberry Whole Wheat Muffins right after they came out of the oven this afternoon! You're in for a treat!
Lemon Blueberry Whole Wheat Muffins
Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins with a fun twist of Lemon to liven things up!
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1/3 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 c vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 c Joseph's Grainery Soft White Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 1/3 c all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 c milk
- 1 1/3 c fresh blueberries
- 3 Tbs unsalted butter; melted
- 1 c confectioners’ sugar; sifted
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- Directions: Preheat your oven to 425°F. Lightly grease a standard muffin tin, or line with paper muffin cups.
- In a medium bowl, combine the lemon juice and sugars.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream together the butter, vegetable oil, and sugars until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla, beating to combine.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and milk. Fold in the blueberries. Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared pan, filling the cups nearly full. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until pale golden brown and a tooth pick inserted into the middle of one of the center muffins comes out clean.
- In a medium bowl, prepare the glaze by mixing together the melted butter, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, lemon juice and water. Whisk until smooth. Once muffins have cooled slightly, dip the muffin crown into the glaze and allow the glaze to harden.