|The perfect breakfast - Whole Grain Monster Breakfast Cookie|
Whole Grain Monster Breakfast Cookies
(adapted from Bake At 350)
I can't think of a better way to start the day than a Whole Grain Monster Breakfast Cookie!
- 1/2 c unsalted butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1 c sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp light corn syrup
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 & 1/2 c chunky peanut butter
- 2 c rolled oats
- 2 c Joseph's Grainery Cracked Wheat Breakfast Cereal
- 1 c Joseph's Grainery Soft White Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 3/4 c chocolate chips
- 3/4 c butterscotch chips
- 3/4 c dried cranberries
- Prepare cookie sheets with cooking spray and preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugars, vanilla, corn syrup, baking soda and salt. Whisk in the melted butter. Add the peanut butter, oats, cracked wheat and flour; stir until combined. Stir in the chips and cranberries until evenly distributed.
- Drop the dough by 1/4-cupfuls onto the prepared sheets. Flatten slightly with your fingers. Bake for about 12 minutes or until starting to turn golden brown. Let cool on the cookie sheet for 1-2 minutes, then cool completely on a cooling rack. Try to make yourself wait until breakfast to take your first bite...bet you can't do it!