|Apple Cinnamon Multigrain Cereal made in the Slow Cooker|
Apple Cinnamon Multigrain Cereal
Breakfast doesn't get much easier than making it the night before.
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 c milk
- 1 1/2 c water
- 3/4 c Joseph's Grainery Cracked Wheat Cereal
- 3/4 c old fashioned oats
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbs butter, cut into 5-6 pieces
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbs ground flax seed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Spray the inside of a slow cooking with cooking spray. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker. Stir, cover and cook on low for about 2 hours, check progress - if it looks almost done, add more milk and water in equal parts and set to "keep warm", if it doesn't look as if it's cooking as fast, leave it on low to cook overnight (at least 7 hours) - slow cookers can vary greatly, so the first time you cook this, you'll definitely want to check it after two hours or so before going to bed for the night.
- In the morning, spoon into bowls and top with fun garnishes such as: more brown sugar, chopped nuts, raisins, craisins, maple syrup, etc.