|Curried Lentil Vegetable Soup|
If you like lentils, and even if you don't, you're going to love this Curried Lentil Vegetable Soup that our friend Angela passed along. This is one lentil recipe you don't want to miss out on. Rumor has it that this recipe won first place at the National Lentil Festival a few years back.
Curried Lentil Vegetable Soup
A winner from the National Lentil Festival
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs curry powder
- 4 14oz. cans chicken broth
- 1 1/2 c Joseph's Grainery Lentils
- 1 14 1/2 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper (or more)
- 1 10 oz bag spinach
- Cook onion, carrots, bell pepper, and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in curry powder.
- Add broth, lentils and tomatoes; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes. Stir in salt, red pepper and spinach. Cook just until the spinach wilts, about 2 minutes.
- Top with sour cream, cheese, corn chips.