|Multigrain Chicken Soup with barley, rice & lentils.|
Multigrain Chicken Soup
A hearty soup your whole family will love.
- 1/2 c brown rice, uncooked
- 1/3 c Joseph's Grainery Barley, soaked for 24 hours (see directions for soaking barley here)
- 2/3 c Joseph's Grainery Lentils
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs parsley
- 1 Tbs thyme
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb chicken, cut into cubes
- 8 c water
- 4 c chicken broth
- Place all ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 1 hour or until all grains are tender. Check seasoning. If soup is too thick, add more water or broth to thin.
|Perfect for a stormy Winter day - Multigrain Chicken Soup|
Thanks again to MaMa's friend Patience for sharing this wonderful Multigrain Chicken Soup recipe!