- 1/4 c plus 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks, save the egg whites for the poppyseed finish
- 1 c Joseph's Grainery Lentil Flour
- 1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 c sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temp
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp poppy seeds
- Egg whites from egg yolks above
- Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl. With your hands, add the softened butter to the dry ingredients and squeeze the butter into the flour. Add the cream and egg yolks, continuing to squeeze the mixture until a crumbly dough forms. Place the dough on a well floured surface, divide the dough in half and roll each piece of dough into a log about 8 inches long and 1 3/4 inches wide.
- Chill the logs for 2 hours. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the sugar and poppyseeds and pour onto a plate. Once the logs are done chilling, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Brush each log with the egg whites, then roll the poppy seed mixture until it is entirely covered. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice the logs into 1/8th inch wafers, placing the wafers on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 16 minutes. The wafers should be a dark, golden brown.