Next time you're asked to bring a salad, here's an excellent option!
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup Joseph's Grainery Barley
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 3 Tbs. reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 Tbs. lime or lemon juice
Just before serving , combine the salsa, sour cream and lime juice; add to barley mixture. Serve warm or cold. Yield 6 servings
Recipe from January/February 2005 "Country Woman"